DVLA going ahead with 'unlucky 13' plates next March

Do you believe in superstitions, such as the number 13 being incredibly unlucky? Interestingly, I have just read that motorists who buy a new car from next March will have the unpopular digit on their number plates. The rumours that drivers could choose to retain the ‘62’ plate after the 1st of March the DVLA has confirmed to CAP, provider of vehicle valuation data and new vehicle information, that every new vehicle will automatically carry a ‘13’ plate. Oh dear, I can also see this being an issue when these new car plates enter the used car market too. I wouldn't say I have Triskaidekaphobia – fear or a phobia concerning the number 13, but I have to admit that the negative connotations of the number 13 would still enter my mind if I was to buy a car or van with those plates. I am not sure if it would be enough to put me off buying a good quality vehicle, but hopefully there will be some bargains to be had due to the amount of people who may be too afraid to buy one. If you absolutely could not live with driving with a 13 on your number plate, you could always choose a private plate at a cost of about £250. I would love to hear your views on this. Let me know if the number 13 on your new car would be enough to sway you away from, or for some, towards buying a new car next year.

Comments