Renault Twizy to be displayed in the Conran shop window

With electric vehicles being more prevalent and as I've read recently, making their accent into holiday Parks, such as Centre Parcs who recently added electric Renault Kangoo Maxi ZE vans to its fleet, I was intrigued to see what else was out there. I laid my eyes on the Twizy. Yes, I know it has been talked about for a little while now, but I've only just seen one actually in motion on the road. Renault say: "Twizy is the first-ever fully electric urban compact two-seater, combining bold design and bright styling while being incredibly fun and easy to drive – especially in a busy city like London, where it can nip around exempt from the congestion charge and squeeze into the tightest parking spaces". I heard that there are two versions of the Twizy, one that requires a driver's license and one, which depending on the country you live, doesn't. I will have to research that information in more in depth and get back to you. And technically it’s not really a car, but rather, a quadricycle. Still, putting looks and logistics aside, the convenience of low running costs and no road tax does have its advantages. Although, with weather in the UK being as it is and the base model having no actual weather sheltering side doors (you can get them added if you upgrade for a fee), I don't actually see this as the future car parked in my driveway (certainly not in Wales), however, I can see the benefits if you live in London and only need to drive to the local shops or if you only work a few miles from home though. Let me know what you think. Twizy comes with tandem seats and in a choice of three trims: Twizy Urban, Twizy Colour and Twizy Technic. Prices start from £6,690 inc. VAT, battery hire services required: from £45 inc. VAT/month.

If you would like to view the Twizy, Renault will have one on display at the Conran Shop window, the iconic Chelsea store in Fulham Road from 6th September to 20th October to celebrate 25 years in the Michelin building and the grand opening of the London Design Festival. Andy Heiron, Renault UK’s Head of Electric Vehicles Programme, said: “The unique Twizy has been attracting a lot of interest this summer, especially in London, and I’m sure it will look stunning in the Conran Shop window for its 25-year anniversary celebrations and the Design Festival."

 

Comments