Watch the Mercedes-Benz Citan van webisodes featuring MacGyver

Does anyone remember watching MacGyver, the American action-adventure television series that aired in the late 80's to early 90's? You may be asking what the TV show has to do with vans, right? Well, I just had to tell all of you about what I discovered when looking for more details about Mercedes-Benz new Citan van. I surprisingly spotted an advert on the Mercedes-Benz website featuring actor Richard Dean Anderson reprising his clever thinking MacGyver character in a three part Citan van web commercial. The slogan that Mercedes is using in their Citan van campaign says, "The new Citan, the right van for the job" and "ready for action" with MacGyver looking as tough as ever standing next to the van. I can remember watching a few episodes as a kid and maybe some of you still use the phrase "to do a MacGyver", as a term used to signify being able to do something others deem impossible. I think I used it myself whenever I was made to clean out the garage and my mother would say I wasn't doing it quick enough, I'd comment that I wasn't MacGyver and couldn't do it all by myself in one afternoon. Anyhow, back to the brilliantly crafted Mercedes Citan van ad campaign. The advertisers were spot on in choosing this iconic character to represent and pair up with Mercedes' new economical yet powerful van. If only for nostalgic reasons, you must watch the videos. You'll have to watch all three episodes to see MacGyver and the Citan van catch the bad guys, but I am sure you will appreciate the lengths and creativity used by Mercedes to pump up some buzz surrounding the new Citan van, which was recently unveiled at the IAA International Commercial Vehicle Show (17th September 2012). The van does look the business and may even inspire you to buy one, just in case you ever need to pull a MacGyver yourself one day. To watch all three 'webisodes' titled, MacGyver and the new Citan, please click here to be taken to the Mercedes-Benz Citan van website.

Comments