Mercedes Sprinter van: the ultimate Rock Band touring van now for hire in America

I wish I were in a band. But seeing as how I don’t know how to play any instrument (at all) and my friends all say I sound like a drowning animal when I sing, I suppose that dream will never come to fruition. Hmm, but if I was to be asked to be in a band and er uh could sing or play, I would most definitely want to be in one in the USA.

I just read an article in the San Francisco Chronicle online about how a Phoenix, Arizona USA based van rental company, ROCKIN VANS, recently introduced two new custom built Mercedes Benz Sprinter Vans for touring musicians to rent. The van rental founder Luke Van Whye knows exactly what bands need in terms of what is important to include in a touring van, since he spent years on the road as an entertainer coach driver for likes of Britney Spears, Jennifer Lopez, and hundreds of other cool artists/bands.

Ok, so say you were a musician touring all over the world, what would it take to make your ride the ultimate band van? According to Mr. Van Whye, the Mercedes Benz Sprinter van should feature five sleeper bunks, two couches, in motion SAT TV, a Play Station 3, Apple TV WIFI, built-in navigation and a trailer for all of the band gear. Oh and don’t forget to also include a fridge, cooler and storage space for the band members. Phew, sounds incredibly lush for a band touring in a Sprinter van. Forget the band gig; I’d like all of that just for my everyday Tesco run.

The Sprinter was chosen for its roominess and comfort, plus it can be more efficient and cost effective compared to a large tour bus. Another benefit in America is that anyone over the age of twenty-four, with a clean driving record can drive the van without any special license.

For more details on theses amazing luxurious touring rental vans, please visit ROCKIN VANS website, here.

Comments