An artful and delectable display of mobile food vans

It could just be that it is nearing lunchtime, but I was searching through MSN’s latest car news and found a post about snack vans. I love my food as much as I adore vans, so I thought it would be fun on this Weds hump day to share the post with all of you.

Mobile catering vans have been around for many years offering us an array of yummy, greasy and, as some would argue, unhealthy food. Some of us (yes, I mean me) even frequent our favourite van on a daily or weekly basis. There’s just something about the smell and taste of a good greasy burger served from one of these vans that keeps us coming back for more. I usually get a craving at least once a week for a cheap yet sinfully delicious breakfast bap from my local catering van (its unique selling point, until recently, was that it was painted like and was in the shape of a Coke can). You couldn’t miss that.

Now, back to the article on MSN titled, “The UK’s roadside snack vans in pictures” written by Ian Dickson, senior editor, MSN Cars. The post offers an array of fancy looking and not so appealing mobile catering businesses from all over the UK. It provides pics taken by a part-time lorry driver who catalogued his roadside eating adventures. It's artful and does a great job of making you want to walk across the parking lot for a bite to eat from the burger van. I have to say though, after viewing the photos of other food trucks out there, my local Coke can cart is still number one in my books. To see the interesting article and photos, please click on the title link above.

Do you have a favourite mobile eatery and does it deserves a shout out? Do you think tea from a catering van tastes even better than cuppa from home? Share your thoughts on the blog or on my Twitter page.

If you are looking for a new van for your next entrepreneurial venture, whether it’s for a mobile food service or to start your own courier fleet, give us a call and don’t forget to browse the array of quality vans we have on offer through our website.

Comments