I'm back!

Hi All. Its official, I’m back! I have been on my travels for the last year. I know you have missed me and I hope you haven’t had too much fun without me but I promise I had a very good reason for staying away for so long.

I have spent the last year on a much needed break, travelling around the world. I have been to some incredible places! I went across America, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and obviously went through most of Europe too!

There has been so much happening over the last twelve months but I am excited to see the new number plates! Yesterday officially marked the first day of the new plates with a 65 instead of a 15, and all new cars registered between September 1 2015, and March 1 2016 will have the new plates.

A lot of car garages are already predicting a boost in sales this month because of the new digits, and dealerships up and down the country are preparing to launch new collections to tie in with it. But will you be rushing out to buy one, or are people not that bothered about new ones any more?

Well, it looks like when the previous plates were released in March, 2015 a staggering 492,774 new cars were registered, which marked the highest number of new cars registered since the plates started to be issued twice a year back in 1999! (Pre-1999 registration plates were only issued once a year)

But that still doesn’t beat the record of new cars registered when new plates were only issued every August. In August, 1998 525,000 new vehicles were registered, so it goes to show that although people are snapping up more new cars than ever, new cars were more in demand when plates only changed once a year.

Are you looking at getting a car with the 65 plate on it? Or have you already driven one away? Let us know!

Vanessa

Comments